Holla Back!!!

Friday, July 21, 2006

staring at the stars



When we got home tonight I noticed that I could see the stars. I really noticed because I've lived so many places where you can't see the stars. After awhile you forget that they even exist. But when I saw them it was so nice. I felt like I was a little kid agian. I remember staring at the night sky and never being able to see any constellations besides the dippers.

I like looking at the stars because it makes me feel tiny. It reminds me that there is a big huge world out there, and then I think of An American Tale and those mice that sing to each other.

It makes me sad to think that Jack will see the stars even less. As cities grow and stay bright through the night you can't really see all of the stars. Sometimes I wonder if the cities that I love so much are really ruining the things I take for granted. It's kind of depressing. Sometimes I just want move out to the middle of nowhere and live simply. I think I would get bored thogh. That sounds truly pathetic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

I wouldn't worry about Jack. He'll always be able to pay $500,000 and go on one of those "sight seeing" trips to Antarctica. Plenty of stars down there for him to look at.

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home