Holla Back!!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Doodlebops make me want to KILL



Seriously, how could you let your kids watch this crap??

For those of you who have no reason to watch the Disney channel you are probably not familiar with a show that I am convinced is one the signs of the apocalypse. It's called the Doodlebops and it's about a "band" (and i use that term very loosely) of two guys and a girl who look like drag queens from the late 70s on acid. They ride around on thier cracked out tour bus and think about things like "teamwork" and "friendship."

At the end of every episode they put on a concert for an auditorium full of real kids and their parents who actually paid to come see them. The kids scream like pre-teens screaming for *Nsynch while the Doodlebops lip synch and and pretend to play their freakish looking "instruments."

And of course you are asking yourself: "If this show causes you so much anguish, why would you watch it?" Because Higgly Town Heroes comes on right after and Jack and I love that show so we just tough it out for 20 minutes of hell. I know it makes no sense, but that's how we do it in my house.

5 Comments:

Blogger BLAND said...

Oh...my...god. They are scarier-looking than the Teletubbies. What happened to normal-looking stars of kids' shows like TODAY'S SPECIAL and PINWHEEL? A dancing mannequin brings peace and joy to the hearts of everyone; not these freaks dipped in paint!

Hocus pocus alamagocus...

6:35 PM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

i know steve from blue's clues, and i can probably assure you that the poor people on that show are actually cool people. fucking scary though.

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Midnight Show x0 said...

ryan got it right on the spot! yes, the people who play the Doodlebops are actually veryyyy cool people. I know them.

-- Steph*
www.deedeerooneymoe.net

3:18 AM

 
Blogger Erika said...

um ok, i know that steve is cool and he makes good music, but blue's clues is a good show. The Doodlebops is frightening. I'm sure the actors are nice and they probably do it because they make good money, but if your age consists of a 2 digit number and you are a fan of the doodlebops, you are a virgin that can't drive.

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of a family member (I know... it already sounds like I'm lying, but I can assure you this is true) that works in a certain venue that has showcased The Doodlebops more than once, has stated that they have to provide the three of them with a room to get stoned in before their live shows. On top of being the worst program that I have ever seen on television (regardless of their real personalities) it's comforting to know that they are also great role models. I too have a child and (in between decent shows) find myself catching the beginning of The Doodlebops before I can dive for the remote to change the channel and save my sanity.

6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home