Holla Back!!!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

It can't rain all the time...or can it?



Ok, sorry for the terrible Crow quote up there, but it was appropriate. Today I saw the sun for about an hour. That was the first time it had appeared in a week! It's been freakin' freezing and rainy for so long now I feel like I may never be warm and dry again. It's so depressing. I completely understand why Kurt Cobain blew his brians out. Well that, and being married to a coat-tail riding psycho.

That reminds me,we just rented Last Days and I was unimpressed. But it did remind me of how hot a man wearing a slip and Docs can be. Takes me back to junior high. And the fact that I actually got to see Nirvana on their final tour. Take that suckas!

And speaking of movies...

I'd like to take a second to pay my respects to someone who just passed away. When I used work at the Film Forum I worked with a guy named Glenn Rivera. He was an usher and if you went there at all during the last 5 years you would know who he was. He knew more about movies than anyone I've ever met. He had an interesting story for every subject. He used to be a bus boy at the Playboy club in Manhattan (when it was still there) and the Bunnies got him drunk one New Year's Eve. He also went to Studio 54 after his graduation while wearing nothing but his graduation robe. He had cancer but no one even knew because he was a hard worker and never mentioned it. He was a great guy and he added a lot of character to that theater. So the next time you go see a film there take a gander at the big white lilies by the ushers' chair and think of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home