Holla Back!!!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I'm a Ponderin'



So I'm sitting here watching that show Yes,Dear (it's lame but i'm doing homework and too lazy to change the channel) and it's all about how the women want more babies and the men don't. here's something I don't understand: Why do some women want so many kids? I seriously don't get it. Maybe I'm horrible for saying this but one kid is enough. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and I'd be devastated if I didn't have him in my life. I'm sure that most people with siblings would agree that they love their brothers and sisters, but what if they never had them in the first place? My mom wanted 5 kids and ended up with 2. I have always been very happy with this arrangement because I never had to share very much and got plenty of attention. I always had my own room and a fair share of presents under the tree.

In addition, why do these women want to take care of these kids? Jack is one of the best babies I've ever seen and he still gets on my nerves sometimes. You can't get anything done when he wants to play and crawl and poke and meddle. It's nice to snuggle with a baby, I understand, and I'll miss that when he's older. But I wouldn't want to replace those feeling with some other baby. I know every parent says that they love their children equally but I just don't think that can be true. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't feel the need to spawn a million babies. I'm sure there are many people out there who are glad that i have chosen not to populate a small nation.

2 Comments:

Blogger It's just me said...

have you heard of this story about 16 kids?

11:56 PM

 
Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

I for one and glad you're not spawning a whole population of your own **cough cough mormans cough cough**

Leo was 1 of 6 and I have a strong feeling that he's the favorite. He's not even the youngest or oldest, he's just a middle child. But he is the youngest boy, maybe that has something to do with it.

I however am an only child. Brought up to the tune of "I figured out how that happened the first time and put a stop to it!" I think maybe the whole spawning children thingy has to do with genetics; because I have absolutely no desire to have any more than 1 child if any at all.

Everybody all together now..."Thank God for birth control!"

8:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home