Holla Back!!!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

What Year is This?



I'm sorry, but did I miss something? I thought it was 2005 and not 1955. It's strange because whenever I watch commercials that involved cooking or cleaning products they seem to be aimed at women. Last time I checked men were supposed to be capable of doing some of these things too, right? I mean Collin cooks and cleans as much as I do, because we are equals and we share responsibilities. But we must be the only ones in the fucking world because Mr. Fucking Clean, every mother fucker at Swiffer, those Tyson chicken bastards, and every other company that makes home-realated products still thinks that women either

a) do all of the cooking and cleaning or
b) should be doing all of the cooking and cleaning

For starters I am obviously miffed at this, but it got me wondering. When women see these I bet they feel guilty that they aren't "doing their womanly duties," whether they actually realize or not. So if these commercials are consciously/unconsciously making women feel that they should cook and clean more or cook and clean better, could it fuck with men too? Maybe this is why most men feel that it's perfectly ok to be royal fucking slobs. And maybe this is why so many couples fight. Women think men are messy, men wonder why women won't clean up after them, women wonder why men won't clean up for themselves. Women are so busy with kids and jobs that they can't keep their house like Marhta Stewarts' and then they feel shitty.

For once I'd like to see a man in a commericial who is doing more than grilling Johnsonville Brats or nuking a microwave meal. Or maybe a guy in filthy clothes cleaning something other than his ridiculously large truck that hides the fact that he has a small penis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

I love the commercial for Brawny where the "hot" guy is baking the cake for his wife's birthday and he spills some and then he has to clean it up with a paper towel.

I understand where you're comming from, I just suppose I don't notice it much because I either a.) mute the commercials or b.) am busy running around after Leo trying to keep him occupied between my two jobs.

Also, I must have just hit the jack pot as far as husbands go, cause when there are dishes in the sink, he appologizes to me for not having them clean! Or, maybe I'm just that good at brainwashing...Plus, he cooks for me, because to be perfectly honest I'm (in the words of Ann Taintor) Domestically Disabled....Once again, I'm sure it all comes down to my brainwashing abilities....

11:38 PM

 
Blogger BLAND said...

I saw a commercial for Pine Sol or Lysol cleaner where the husband is cleaning the house, mainly the kitchen, mopping. The voiceover talks about how the cleaner kill 99% of bacteria, blah blah blah.

The guy was in a long sleeved button down shirt and khakis, very nice. After he finished mopping the floor, he triumphantly raised his fists in the air with this smug, satisfied smile on his face.

Why was he cleaning? Because it cuts to him bringing home his wife and newborn baby. I thought that was sweet, not forcing his wife with a gaping hole between her legs, to clean up.

7:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know someone else knows the seldom talked about (an obvious conspiracy by the automobile manufacturers) big gas guzzlin' truck/SUV equals small penis truth of the universe. They are the steriods of the new millenium as far as making a small dick shrink even smaller.

Damn, its a shame the spammers are finding the blogs too. Oh well...

8:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have known for many years, large truck = small penis in 99.9 % of cases. Are you just getting hip?

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home