Holla Back!!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

movin' on up


No Tony Danza, I'm the boss.

Kevin called tonight (YAY!) and I was telling him about my potential promotion at work. My area manager comes next week to check up on the store. I know this is a big deal because she is going to see if I can hack it and if I'm worthy of becoming the GM. I would really like to be but it seems a bit scary, i won't lie. I think I'm just about ready for it though.

I think that I really underestimate myself. I think Amanda (my boss) sees more potential in me than I do. That's pretty cool because it really motivates me to work harder and better.

It's so insane to think that I will only be 26 and running a 5 million dollar store. We are in the top 5 of all Calvin Klein stores. I'll have my own business cards. How strange. I'll get to go to the GM meeting in California next year.

I think I just still feel like a dorky kid and that's why it's hard for me to imagine being really successful. I guess I should start reading the Donald Trump collection. I am much better about being a bitch these days. It was a bit of a struggle at first but now it's much easier.

Well, i'm freakin' exhausted and need to get to bed. Just remember: I'm your girl if you ever need some CK jeans at 30% off.

3 Comments:

Blogger BLAND said...

Congratulations! Good luck. Seriously, don't doubt your abilities and potential.

6:31 AM

 
Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

YAY!! I don't doubt your potential...now about those jeans...

6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erika - did I ever tell you that Tony Danza has it in his contract that his name has to be Tony?

-Kara

5:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home