Holla Back!!!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Papa don't preach, but I sure do...



Has anyone seen the commercial for the Rokr iTunes phone with Madonna et. al. in the phone booth?

I'm scared and saddened for Madonna. Not many of you know this but when I was in fourth grade I was painfully obsessed with Madonna. I had every album and merch and I even dreamed of Madonna. It's true. In college Paul even bought me a book called "I Dream of Madonna." So could do no wrong in my eyes.

Even with all of her bad press over the years I still held firm. But after Ray of Light I just couldn't handle it anymore. That's also when Kabbalah took hold. It's just been a slippery slope from then on.

Now she's stuck in a phone booth in the desert with other musicians that no one cares about anymore. And it's for a phone that doesn't even seem very cool. It can only hold 100 songs. What good is that?

So Madge, enough already, just be rich and old and crazy in the UK and go out gracefully.
(pics courtesy of Pinkisthenewblog.com---Trent is hysterical!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

Some of my fondest early memories are of me dancing and singing at the top of my lungs to Material Girl. I too lost faith in her with Ray of Light.

I've seen the commercial, and it ends with a very packed phone booth and Biggie Smalls getting ready to jam himself in; and Madonna says "Biggie NO!" It's kinda funny, but the phone, sadly, looks like a bust.

12:02 AM

 
Blogger It's just me said...

what station and when do they usually play this commercial? I thought Madge would've been bed-ridden after the fall from the horse and broken collarbone, but apparently she's ok.

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home