Holla Back!!!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I think we're cursed



I don't know what it is about this time of year. Just as it's coming up on the anniversary of 9/11 we have another national tragedy. Granted, this one was caused by nature, but it's still horrible (obviously). It's hard to imagine that only 3 years ago Alli and I went to mardi gras down there. I hate to say it but I'm glad I got to see it in its original state, because it will never be the same.

The woman I get my ebay merch from lives (or lived) in a city that was hit. It's called bay st.louis, mississippi and it's right between new orleans and biloxi. I can't get a hold of her and I hope that she's ok. I've been trying to contact her but all of the phone lines are down.

I know that it's hard to get in there to help because of the flooding but it seems crazy that these people have to suffer when so many people want to help. Collin would be more than happy to be deployed down there to set up a MASH hospital/galley (he's attached to a fleet hospital and this is what they do) but instead he has to serve the cranky hospital staff.

Being that it's the first of the month and most of us just got paid I think we should each give $10 to help. I know we have rent to pay and everything but I think $10 is small. A pack of cigarettes, 2 drinks, an entree. Although it's gonna be painful when i go to the gas station tomorrow, I'm just glad I have a home still.

Besides, Walmart gave 15 million bucks, and we all know that they're bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home