Holla Back!!!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Death by the Dashboard Light



Something has been bothering me for months now, possibly even years. Just about once a day I see a car with some sort of tribute to someone who is dead. I seriously do not understand the thinking behind this.

Let's say your BFF dies. Do you really want to be reminded of that everytime you have to hop in your car to run to the video store or to get groceries.

If you lost a very close family member, do you really need some cheesy decal on your car to remind you that that person died? i doubt it.

The only time I would find this an acceptable practice would be if said person died from being hit by a drunk driver. I say this because if it explicitly made mention to the fact that "John was senselessly killed by a drunk driver" it might actually cause people to think twice before drinking and driving.

do you eventually take this off of your car? do you ever get to a point and think that you don't really want to look at that anymore and have to scrape that sucker off? Or do you feel too guilty to take it off even though you really want to?

All I know is that if I drown or die in a freak horseback riding accident, I sincerely hope that no one puts some dumb ass memorial on the back of their car with my name on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

i always assumed you'd have one of those on your hooptie when i die. not that i will die. ever. DO YOU HEAR ME GOD???

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home