Holla Back!!!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Pobrecita Britney



I watched the Britney Spears interview last night and I would like to put in my two cents. First and foremost, for those of you who don't know, Britney is my one true guilty pleasure. Am I a genuine fan? No. Do I own her greatest hits album? Yes.

She talked about how she really doesn't care about how people perceive her when she's out and about. This is painfully obvious when you consider that most photos of her show her with a grown out weave and her thong sticking out the back of her ultra low rise jeans. However, it takes guts to be in the public eye like that and not primp and polish every inch of yourself before you step out of the house.

Britney's whole alleged purpose of the interview was to get the paparazzi to stop hounding her and how she feels scared for her and her family's safety. I won't even comment on whether or not I think she's being genuine, but I will say that I would be terrified if people were coming after me while I had Jack. I think that if someone was tailing my car and I had Jack inside I'd pull some vigilante justice and start a massacre. I don't think that this gives her free reign to drive home with her kid on her lap. She shrugs it off to being "country" which I guess is the equivalent to saying that you are functionally retarded.

I kind of feel bad for her in a way. Sure, she has a nicer house than I can ever dream of and she can do anything she wants, whenever she wants, but she seems tragically naive. She seemed to truly be unaware of the fact people have a deep disdain for KFed. She was chomping gum the whole time and she went on national TV looking like she hadn't brushed her hair in a week.

I just hope that her next album is a good one and that she get back to Ye Olde Brit and not the pre-Delta Burke, twangy, gum-chomping embarassment that she is now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

dude that was such a train wreck of an interview. that makeup in her eye and when she's like "i like money" was hysterical. Saying you're "country" to justify your poor choices is just awful. I don't feel bad for her at all.

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Erika said...

yeah, what was up with her eye? It was almost as if her fake lash got all wonky on one side. That was atrocious.

9:03 PM

 
Blogger BLAND said...

Did you know that she had NO stylists there? She did her own make up, hair, etc. Figures. Yeah, that gunk of mascara looked like a fly was stuck in her eye lid. SAVE BRITNEY! Country, eh? More like CUNTRY.

5:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home