Holla Back!!!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

American Medical Dilemma



I went to the doctor today (nothing serious, just a "lady" visit) and I was very disturbed. As I was walking in I noticed a pharma rep walking in right behind me. It made me a bit perturbed but then I just shrugged my shoulders and went inside.

However, when I went in I noticed another pharma rep walking out. At the end of my appointment I saw two more in there, one in the waiting room and another coming out of the back. Then as I was walking to my car, two more dudes were getting out of their car in going inside.

Now I'm not gonna get all Tom Cruisey and say that I think there is no place for Rx drugs. But I don't think they should be handed out like candy either. I have a friend from Canada who told me that they try everything else first before pills. Probably because everyone has healthcare up there and private docs don't stand to profit as much from it.

I was really creeped out. And I was pissed.

Just a few days ago I called my insurance to find out I could go to a naturopath instead of a regular doc. They won't cover it. So I called the naturopath that I wanted to go to and they said that one visit would cost $230. I certainly can't afford that. It pains me to pay the $20 copay at the regular doc. Aetna said it doesn't consider a naturopath a "real doctor."

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home