Holla Back!!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

MIA



So if you have been wondering where I've been and just chalked it up to the fact that Calvin Klein now owns my soul, you are only half right. I actually took a very improptu vacay thanks to my cragy husband.

The short version is that Collin hadn't slept in about 3 days,had a quarter-life crisis so-to-say, and took a flight to Tampa in the middle of the night. Half a day later and after I tried to file a missing persons report I found out that he had lost his mind and went back to where he's from. I'm sure you are thinking "WTF!!" but don't fret, all is well now. Two months of never seeing the sun and dealing with the fact that he never sees me because I'm always working really got to him.

SO I flew out on the red eye that night and got to go to Florida for the first time. It was really cool. I got to meet all of his friends and drink Border's chai and it was so relaxing.

So now we think that we may move there at the end of the summer when the lease is up here. I think I will have a job at Nordstroms (I had a mini-phone interview today) and one of Collin's friends owns a duplex and we can move in for $600/month!!! until we buy a house. Plus Collin gets his old job back at Borders and we will actually have friends and I can get a nice suntan, or sunburn.

In other news, I am getting a raise (I don't know how much yet) and my current job also has no idea that I may be leaving. In addition, there are quick and cheap flights from NYC to FL so no excuses for not visiting me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

and my dad lives 2 hours away in ft myers! sweet. do it.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger BLAND said...

Cragy...
Cragy for feering so ronery...

I'm calling you tonight, E-Lo. And don't forget that I'm coming at the end of the month!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

I'm sorry Collin had a hard time. You could have called or something. I'm not that far away. And can be accessable if need be.

But I feel kindof forgotten, in the arm pit of Washington. And slightly hurt that you don't think of me as friends in WA. :( Sad.

8:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book Your Cheap Flights to Accra from United Kingdom with Flights Pedia.

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home