Holla Back!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's like Days of Our Lives



This is getting ridiculous. Here's what is going on with my working life, in a nutshell.

Went to CK and interviewed for Associate Manager. It went well. I was supposed to meet with William, the regional manager.
Waited a few weeks, kept calling, couldn't meet with William. Got frustrated. William told me he would have Dion (another manager) interview me. I was fed up at this point because it had been 3 weeks since my first interview so I started looking elsewhere. Interviewed at Starbucks, and it went well. Dion called me on Friday to tell me that he was already working the position I was going for but they could offer another position, but I'd only be making 17,000 a year. Thought that was cragy and I never called them back. Had an interview Monday at Starbucks and was hired. Suddenly today Dion calls me to tell me they can offer the original position I was going for. Plus he tells me that he will be the General Manager and is probably leaving so then I would have his job. If that's the case I will be getting 47,000 bucks a year (roughly)!!! So now I have to look like an asshole and call the manager at Starbucks and tell her I can't work there. I didn't even know what the job at starbucks was going to pay me so I called today and it's considerably less than at CK.

i feel like a jerk. A rich, rich, jerk.

I can't wait to be drunk with power.

2 Comments:

Blogger It's just me said...

when it rains, it pours, eh? and that's the best kind of jerk there is too!

1:33 AM

 
Blogger BLAND said...

Hey, same thing kinda happened to me when I first got out of college. Wanted the job I have now, but didn't hear back so I took a job that paid $19K instead. Next thing I know, I get a call to get the job. And the rest is history.

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home