Holla Back!!!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

We are all cliches


I don't know who these people are but they seemed fitting for this post.

The other morning I stopped by the Starbucks in my mall before going to the bank to get change and I noticed this guy, probably about my same age and he's sitting at a table reading and drinking coffee. This is pretty unusual since our mall is so busy that our Starbucks doesn't really warrant "hanging out" so I began to stare at him. Then I noticed his green apron tossed aside on the table and it dawned on my that he worked there and was probably on a break. Then I scoffed at what I saw. He was such a stereotype. He had on a knitted hat with earflaps and was reading a very large book but had J.D. Salinger's 9 Stories sitting on the edge of the table.

I though, "Ugh, that's so typical, of course a guy like that would be reading Salinger. What a weiner, try to be a bit unique dude. Your soul is probably tortured because you are all smart and liberal and you are working at Starbucks and you feel conflicted about it. Lame."

I got my double tall soy latte and sauntered out the door. As I walked to my car I saw my reflection in the front of another store. I, at that moment, was wearing a hat with earflaps, was drinking coffee, had felt conflicted when Starbucks hired me as management (right before I started at CK) and had read 9 Stories and loved it so much that my old email address was based on a story from it. DAMMIT!!! I could've been this guy's girlfriend.

Then I realized I'm a judgemental, stereotypical, idiot. And I'm corny. And I look like a moron half the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home