Holla Back!!!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

can i kick it Duchess style???


yoo are the wind beneath my wings.

i need to lose my gut. seriously. it's just getting disgusting. when i look down i feel like i am 3 months pregnant. that's where i really gain weight- the gut. i still wear the same size pants but my belly hangs over. i don't actually need to lose that many pounds but i need to get more healthy. I eat nachos about 3 times a week. I love healthy stuff and i really need more energy but it's just so much easier to throw cheese on chips and call it a meal.

i know that ann has been rockin' the duchess and has had a lot of success and that gives me hope. ann and i used to live very unhealthy lifestyles in college and i know that she's tried a billion diets over the years but she seems to really enjoy what she's been doing and she's even going to the gym and i'm very proud of her.

so should i do it too? should i give the Duchess a chance? because if i don't do something soon i'm going to have to start wearing Mom Jeans to cover the gut???

4 Comments:

Blogger BLAND said...

Please don't wear MOM jeans! Please! And avoid the free vest that come with them!

If you want to improve your overall health vs. just losing weight, I would suggest exercise. And you don't even have to join a gym because it can get too expensive. Maybe try the YMCA?Walking is great. Take Jack for a stroll around the hood if you can. Drag Collin along. It can be your family time. Plus, exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy women just don't kill their husbands. But seriously, my mood and energy levels have improved since going to the gym (ask Pete). Combined with the Duchess, it's been quite effective in losing my gut. People on the subway though I was pregnant! I swear! Ask Pete. He was there and witnessed a woman give me her seat one morning.

Yes, the reason why I love the Duchess is because it's not really a diet. I can still eat the same foods, but just not as frequently or as much. I still have pizza, Chinese food, Korean food, etc. My new best friend is salad and all I do is think about points. It' very culty, too.

Join us. It's bliiiissss.

Whatever you do, just remember to stay active because it really does make you feel better, gives you energy and probably improves sex. I woudln't know. I'm celibate.

7:36 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

Besides our little Annie, my sis did the Duchess and expressed great satisfaction in being able to eat like she had just knowing the points (so eating in smaller ratios what have you). She lost 20 lbs, so I'd say give it a shot.

I've been doing the diet thing for years (never did get around to the Duchess--did South Beach and had great success, but that diet requires massive amounts of food preparation and ahead of time thinking which can be a drag and mucho time consuming).

I say give it a whirl. :)

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

oh no, you didn't have another Behind the Summer, did you?

Also I just joined the Y and it's awesome. Swimming!

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

Happy Birthday, lady!!!! I know it's not your birthday there yet, but I wanted to say it..

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home