Holla Back!!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Miss JAckson if You're Nasty



I need some help from all of you. we were watching Oprah last night and she had janet jackson on. So we started talking about her and somehow we got on the subject of the Rhythm Nation video. Neither Collin nor Chris has seen this video. My jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe it. I told them that it was one of the 10 most remembered videos of my youth and they were laughing at me. Chris said he never saw it because he grew up practically on a farm and didn't have cable and Collin said that he was too busy "Welcoming the Jungle" in the late 80s to have seen it. So I told them that they were insane and I would poll my friends.

So do you guys remember this video and how popular that song was??? I need to win this arguement.

8 Comments:

Blogger BLAND said...

Hells, yeah. It was black and white (like Michael), in an industrial setting, great choreography and had a sublot of some sort with Wesley Snipes?

7:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally with you on this one. i used to love janet jackson and that video!!

9:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, they are CRAZY. That video was all over the place, you couldn't NOT see it.

Cleopatra isn't the only queen of d'nile

6:26 PM

 
Blogger BLAND said...

Escapade kinda annoyed me. Janet was hit or miss. Now she just flashes her nip, abs, muscles and thinks that will work. Bring back the Rhythm Nation!

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Erika said...

they are pissed now and are threatening to stab me.

12:48 AM

 
Blogger Kevin said...

Ms. Jackson's career was divided into pre and post RN1814. Now i feel like Nipplegate ushered in Act III. Stay tuned.

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Queen of De-Nile said...

Not only did I see the video, I saw the Rythm Nation concert! It was my first concert ever. lol

8:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen this video or heard of the song. I saw Michael's videos on tv all the time. *shrug* don't know how i missed janet 'til the velvet rope. the only song from rhythm nation i've heard is Escapade.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home