Holla Back!!!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

tofurkey day



I didn't actually eat tofurkey this year. i had one last year and it was rubbery and salty, like your balls. i did have a lot of yummy food though.

I think this thanksgiving was my best yet. I have had quite a few interesting thanksgivings though. Last year it took Tamara about 5 or 6 hours to come see me and we were only on the other side of puget sound. they year before that I had just had jack and my mom and collin cooked while i laid on the couch all loopy on painkillers. In college Shirl and I went to Philly with Jeff and his mom called her Sandy. This wouldn't have been so bad except that they were dating at the time and we were pretty sure that she didn't like Shirl. We also had to listen to radio Disney because it was the only station Jeff could get in his car.

This Thanksgiving was different because we went to the house of a couple that we are friends with and we had a potluck thanksgiving. Our friends Mia and Andy had us over and her sister came too. They have a son who is 2 months older than Jack and her sister had 2 kids too. All of the kids played while we talked. it's funny to realize that soon Jack will be relegated to a Kiddie Table. Jack ate about an entire plate of cranberry sauce and I had 3 different potato dishes that were all very carb filled and delicious.

it's pretty cool that as people spread out from their parents they create their own new families. although collin and jack and I are a family we don't have any family members around. but Chris is essentially part of our family and being at Thanksgiving it didn't feel like we were intruding, but rather that we were an extension of their family. It was really nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home